Friday 21 June 2013


Christies phoned on Wednesday to confirm the appointment with the oncologist.  I am really glad that I have got a definite date-the wait was starting to get on my ----.
I have cycled four times in five days.  The average distance covered was only about ten miles but it was very pleasing to know that I could do this distance without any strain on the wounds and to know that my legs had not wasted away.  Driving on the other hand seems to be hard work.
Also went to my photography class.  It's a group of fantastic and talented people.  I am finding it difficult to concentrate on anything even the things that give me great pleasure.
Lunched on Friday with a friend at the park.  We talked about all the nonsense that we have taken in our jobs and how both of us have perhaps lacked confidence.  I said that I wasn't going to take any rubbish from anyone, L said that it was a shame that it has taken cancer to make me realise that. 
I learned from her of the death of someone who had cared for me over many years in a professional capacity.  I regret that I had not thanked her for all her care.  There are so many things that we should say when we have the chance.
There are so many of you out there that have sent your good wishes and I have not got back to you.  All of you are making a difference to my life.
Look after yourselves.
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment