Monday 3 June 2013

I was looking for some inspirational writings to take with me tomorrow when I go for the results of the sentinel node biopsy.  I had a look at my poet books which include Wordsworth, Auden, Rosetti, and R.S. Thomas, none of these seemed suitable so I considered my books on Toasim-no didn't feel right nor did Buddhist quotes.  Then I settled on the perfect one- "Piglets Little Book of Bravery".
Quite a few people have called me brave over the last few weeks.  I don't rarely think this is appropriate or at least the right word because what else can one do in this situation but get on with  life.  It would be unnatural not to feel sad at some time during the process or angry but why waste the time you have got bemoaning the situation.  I do feel that I have been given a chance to recognise all the good that there is in life.
Having said all that I am anxious about tomorrow.  I have now had enough of hospitals and being the patient so here's hoping that I am clear of the cancer and there's just the radiotherapy to go through.
Take care and be kind to one another.
Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment