Thursday 25 July 2013

9 days post chemo

The days that have passed since the chemotherapy have been a bit of a roller coaster. On the third day we called the doctor out. Which in itself was difficult because the receptionist was insistent that I be put in a car and be driven down to the health centre.  It as been plain that you can't do this alone.  You need someone to advocate for you, help you with you medicine and someone just to be there for you. Anyway the doctor gave me some anti biotics because my temp was up.  So by Sunday I was able to take a short trip.  By Monday I wasn't well and the district nurse got me some Imodium and stronger painkillers because my inner workings were over working and giving me rather severe pains.
By the last immune boosting injection on Tuesday my mouth had become very sore dispite sterilising my tooth brush etc, so more drugs were prescribed.  So now all these problems seem to have settled down and A has just described me as looking like a 'normal person' sat at my desk.
People of the North West of England have come to expect a superb service from The Christie Hospital and we certainly get one but the service that should also be getting plaudits is the District Nurse Service.  They have been absolutely fantastics, caring compassionate and completely non judgemental.

No comments:

Post a Comment