Sunday 27 October 2013

Moorland walk

We picked today to do the most strenuous walk I have done since the beginning of my treatment.  It wasn't meant to be too difficult but some of the footpaths are so badly way marked and in such bad condition we covered more ground than we had intended to do.
Having got the 181 bus (bus passes are great) we travelled to Jubilee corner in Shaw and walked over to Brushes reservoir, had a coffee out of the flask and then onto the 'Black Ladd' public house for our tea.
It poured down much of the way and when there was a distinct footpath it tended to be a stream.
You may think none of this was a big deal.  The moorland terrain can be ankle breakingly rough and uneven and the energy to do this walk was enormous.  So it is fair to say that I am very chuffed with myself, my recovery and my health in general.
Enjoy your week.
Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment