Wednesday 6 November 2013

Neglected bike and sweet chestnuts

I go for radiotherapy for the rest of this week and every day next week, not Saturday and Sunday. That makes 15 sessions in total.
Although the weather has been inclement (understatement) A and I have been able to get out and have some fun time.  Last Saurday I dragged her on to the 419 bus, which stops outside the house, almost as soon as she walked through the door.  Using our pensioners passes we travelled to Ashton under Lyne and had a tasty, healthy lunch at the Topaz cafe.  The caf is run by the mental health charity 'Mind'.  Worth a visit if you live round here.
Sundays weather wasn't much better.  For those of you farther away we have been having heavy showers for many days now.  A had brought my cycle helmet over.  Along with my best bike it has remained stranded in Longsight since I started chemotherapy.  After spraying my ATB bike with a lot of oil and jiggling the gears and chain we set off to collect sweet chestnuts from a stand of trees at secret location in Chadderton.  So now that they are dried off all that is left to do is to roast them.
Take care
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment