Tuesday 7 May 2013

Quote of the day 'will you go back to being normal after this?' This is what Alix said after she  arrived at my house for tea and I had prepared a decent meal.
It would be difficult for me to be normal as I don't have a normal bone in my body.
We spent Sunday at Styal Woods.  We cycled there and spent the afternoon taking pics of  flowers-wood anemones, celandine, king cups and bluebells.
Stop me if I start to turn into Polyana but life is pretty good and I am glad that I can love the flowers. On the way there we passed a few magnolias which were full of blossom, stunning.  The round trip was about 19 miles.  Not our longest ride but it was long enough on Sunday.  I was pretty well worn out when I got home but really glad that we had done it.  It was a beautiful day and we had waited a long time for some good weather and it was good to get out into it.
On Sunday we were lucky enough to have dinner with Jane into her city centre apartment.  It's such a calm peacefully place and Jane is a lovely woman.  Good to do some catching up while eating on her balcony.  Amazingly there were goldfinches flying around.  We walked done to The Warf afterwards  for a drink.
Had a couple of emails from long term friends.  It's easy to take people for granted or not keep in touch life is short and good friends are hard to come by.
Thought for today-be kind to people, you don't know when you might need them.

No comments:

Post a Comment